- 1 cup of kale
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of berries (my friend recommends PC frozen medley of strawberries, raspberries, blue berries and blackberries)
- 1 cup of milk (soy/rice milk if you are vegan)
- 3/4 cup of apple juice & cinnamon to taste
recipe from my friend! i keep on making the same two (delicious) smoothies but i wanted some new recipes. any other recommendations?
For simple vegan coconut macaroons:
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and coat a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, agave nectar and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk thoroughly.
- Heat the mixture to a full boil, and continue to boil for about two minutes or until it has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla and coconut.
- Drop the mixture by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheet, and bake the macaroons for 16 minutes, or until golden brown.
going to try this recipe right now!
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (cooked, drained, rinsed)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- juice, 1/2 small orange (~1/8 cup)
- 1/4 tsp each: curry powder, ground coriander, ground cumin
- pinch of each: cinnamon, ground clove, ground cardamom, pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste (optional)
In a small bowl combine chickpeas with enough water to cover ~1cm over the top. Add curry powder, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, clove, cardamom and bay leaf. Squeeze 1/2 orange into the bowl and add salt and pepper. Let sit. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in pan and sweat onions. Add garlic until golden. Pour in chickpea/spice mixture. Place lid on pan and let simmer until most of fluid is absorbed. Add in spinach and cook until wilted.
Makes 1 serving.
Calories: 275 Fat: 12g Protein: 10g Carbohydrates: 34g (8g fiber)
SOUNDS SO YUMMY.