(via domestic affair: redefining domesticity)
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 25 or so Brussels sprouts (all about ping pong ball-sized)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. filtered water
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- Trim the ends and any funky bits off the Brussels sprouts and place in a baking dish that fits ‘em all in one cozy layer.
- Drizzle evenly with the balsamic, oil and water, cover (with a lid or tin foil) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, sprinkle on the salt, stir to coat in the brown juices, and return to the oven uncovered for another 20 minutes or so (checking and stirring after ten minutes, adding another splash of water if they’re drying out), until they are tender right the way through.
- Season with pepper, and serve hot.
Makes about 3-4 servings.