Corn & Edamame Salad
- 2 cups shelled edamame (frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 generous tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. With a whisk or fork, whisk together your “vinaigrette” in the smaller bowl: sesame oil, vinegar and soy sauce or tamari.
- Meanwhile add edamame to boiling water in large pot. Boil for 3 minutes, and then add corn for another few minutes. Drain using colander and rinse edamame and corn with cold water.
- Mix the edamame and corn together with salad dressing and sesame seeds. Sprinkle on a bit of salt if you like.
- Chill, covered, in refrigerator, for at least 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
this is a new staple in my diet, i friggin love it. it’s so quick and easy and delicious.
1. Make a big batch of pasta.
2. Put some balsamic vinegar and a fuck ton of black pepper in a frying pan, and lightly sautee with:
sliced yellow pepper
3. Add some cubed bits of avocado & cheddar cheese.
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT EDIT TIME:
4. Serve with beer.
Again from Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer, those biscuits are super good.
You will need;
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (I use herbamare)
- 1 quarter a cup margarine (I use earth balance)
- 3 quarters a cup soy milk (I use Silk)
Preheat oven at 450. In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add melted margarine into the bowl and the soy milk a quarter a cup at a time and gently knead the dough together. Not too much or the biscuits won’t be fluffy. When ready, put the dough on a cutting board, shape the dough in a rectangle and cut it in smaller rectangles, 8 to 10 biscuits. Transfer on a greased baking sheet and cook for 12-15 mins until biscuits or golden, then love it!
This is the basic recipe… add half a cup of the fresh herbs you like to add a twist!
Invite your friends for a vegan supper, the biscuits are a nice add to almost anything. Plus, the dough freezes really easily!
STATUS: Made and eaten and really good!