Corn & Edamame Salad
- 2 cups shelled edamame (frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 generous tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. With a whisk or fork, whisk together your “vinaigrette” in the smaller bowl: sesame oil, vinegar and soy sauce or tamari.
- Meanwhile add edamame to boiling water in large pot. Boil for 3 minutes, and then add corn for another few minutes. Drain using colander and rinse edamame and corn with cold water.
- Mix the edamame and corn together with salad dressing and sesame seeds. Sprinkle on a bit of salt if you like.
- Chill, covered, in refrigerator, for at least 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
this is a new staple in my diet, i friggin love it. it’s so quick and easy and delicious.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (1:3 quinoa to water ratio)
- 1-2 cups chopped raw kale
- 1 apple, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 large red onion, diced
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup dried currants (or dried cherries or dried cranberries, unsweetened pref)
- 2-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or hemp oil! or flax oil!)
- 1 tbsp raw agave syrup (this is sweeter than sugar, so not much, if any, is needed)
SEASON WITH THE FOLLOWING, TO TASTE:
- Masala powder (curry)
- Roasted coriander
- Powdered (or fresh, grated) ginger
- Powdered (or fresh, minced) garlic
- Desert spice blend (cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon, cloves)
Combine everything in a giant bowl and eat it.
beet & green toss from get it ripe by jae steele
- 1 cup of grated or spiralized beets
- 2 cups of lightly steamed greens (snowpeas, green peas, whatever you prefer)
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of salad dressing
i made this dressing:
- 1 tbsp of nut butter
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of apple cider
- 1/4 cup of flax seed oil
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
some other great dressing recipes can be found here.
Design*Sponge » Blog Archive » in the kitchen with: gena knox’s kale and apple salad
UM. OH MY GOD. this looks amazing. going to try this recipe tonight or tomorrow, take out the sugar and maybe add a dash of maple syrup instead.
- 1 large bunch of kale, washed (about 7 cups loosely packed)
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cut into matchstick slices
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, thinly sliced with carrot peeler
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground mustard
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of allspice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
1. Using a sharp knife, cut away think center stems of kale leaves and discard stems. Stack several leaves, tightly roll them into a cigar shape and slice them into thin ribbons. Repeat until all leaves are thinly sliced.
2. In a small bowl, combine molasses, vinegar, mustard, shallots, oil and stock, and season with salt and pepper. Toss dressing with kale, apple and cheese, and let sit at room temperature for one hour.
3. Heat butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in cinnamon, allspice, pepper, sugar and pecans. Toast pecans for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until the sugar has melted and the pecans are lightly toasted. Spread on wax paper to cool. Toss pecans with salad and serve.
[image description: a zucchini, eggplant/aubergine and part of a butternut squash on a cutting board with a big cutting knife]
i’ve been all about incorporating more winter squashes into my cooking lately.
dinner last night, vegan poutine & apple-beet-carrot-raisin salad. team work! yeah!
- parboiled and baked sweet potato fries (in olive oil, a dash of salt, and basil)
- and wonderful gravy recipe i’ve posted before, of course
- two apples, chopped
- one carrot, grated
- one beet, grated
- handful of raisins
- mesclun mix
- any nuts you’d like, we used cashews
- olive oil
- juice from half a lemon
- honey (ran out of maple syrup waaaah)
- salt and pepper to taste
massaged kale salad:
raw kale, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, olive oil, nutritional yeast, sesame seeds
raspberry, pineapple, banana, hazelnut milk
this looks banging
status: want to eat tomorrow! i have everything in my house except pineapple.
This salad is never not good. Roast sweet potato and beetroot with cherry tomatos and blue vein cheese on spinach leaves with balsamic vinegar reduction.
mmmmmmmmm. i’m so used to simon’s take on this kind of salad (cheery tomatoes, bococini cheese, balsamic vinegar + baby spinach and other greens), he would make it for me all the time back in 07.
status: will suggest to simon and other vegetarian tomato lovers!
[description: a white bowl filled with delicious looking roasted veg salad sits on a wood cutting board. to the left is a big chopping knife.]
Dinner winner! Roast veggies (potato, pumpkin and beetroot) on rocket with mustard vinaigrette and crumbled blue vein cheese and cashews.
STATUS: WANT TO EAT